Silver plating has many different uses in an industrial setting. It can be used as an engineering coating due to its superior conductivity and corrosion resistance. When used in plating, silver’s conductivity allows for extensive use in electronics and semiconductor industries. It is also used extensively in the aerospace, telecommunications, military, and automotive industries. Silver plating creates a surface that can be soldered and exhibits low electrical resistance; it is also useful for bearing surfaces and anti-galling applications.
Silver plating is used when the following are needed
- High electrical and thermal conductivity.
- A surface that can be easily soldered
- Electrical contact characteristics
- Thermo compression bonding
- Good corrosion resistance
- A spectral reflectivity
Why should you choose us for your silver plating needs?
- We can plate a variety of substrates; we have the copper, nickel, and other electroplating coatings required as a base to silver plating
- We have the supplemental finishes applied with silver, such as nickel, electroless nickel, and tin
- Large plating tanks that can handle parts up to 60” long
- Customer service second to none
- ISO 9001:2008 Certified
We have controlled and calibrated ovens for baking, when hydrogen embrittlement relief is needed.